Guggenheim Reiterates Buy as Medicines Co. (MDCO) Prepares Phase 2 Data
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Guggenheim reiterated a Buy rating and $55.00 price target on The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) as the company prepares to publish its 3-month and some 6-month Phase 2 data for its PCSK9 next month.
Analyst Louise Chen commented, "MDCO could publish 3-month and some 6-month Phase 2 data for its PCSK9 next month. The company expects to have most, if not all, of the 3-month data, and some of the 6-month data by September. Given the interest in PCKS9s, MDCO plans to publish a press release with top-line data as soon as possible, and provide more details at a medical conference. If the Phase 2 PCSK9 data for MDCO and outcomes data are both positive, we would expect MDCO's stock to trade toward our $55 PT. Based on our diligence, a 20%-30% reduction in heart attacks/death may be enough to increase uptake of this drug class."
Shares of The Medicines Company closed at $37.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Medicines Co. (MDCO) Announces Significant Follow-up Data from ORION-1 Study of PCSK9si in LDL-C Reduction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesLouise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!