Guggenheim Reiterates Buy as Medicines Co. (MDCO) Prepares Phase 2 Data
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Guggenheim reiterated a Buy rating and $55.00 price target on The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) as the company prepares to publish its 3-month and some 6-month Phase 2 data for its PCSK9 next month.
Analyst Louise Chen commented, "MDCO could publish 3-month and some 6-month Phase 2 data for its PCSK9 next month. The company expects to have most, if not all, of the 3-month data, and some of the 6-month data by September. Given the interest in PCKS9s, MDCO plans to publish a press release with top-line data as soon as possible, and provide more details at a medical conference. If the Phase 2 PCSK9 data for MDCO and outcomes data are both positive, we would expect MDCO's stock to trade toward our $55 PT. Based on our diligence, a 20%-30% reduction in heart attacks/death may be enough to increase uptake of this drug class."
Shares of The Medicines Company closed at $37.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Michaels Cos. (MIK) to $30; Reiterates Buy
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
- Oppenheimer Assumes Kempharm (KMPH) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesLouise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!