Guggenheim Names Novavax (NVAX) its Best Idea
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Guggenheim analyst William Tanner named Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX) its Best Idea and reiterated a Buy rating and price target of $25.
Tanner commented, "We are designating NVAX shares as our Best Idea ahead of the release of top-line data (3Q16 per management guidance) from the Phase 3 Resolve trial of the RSV vaccine in older adults. If safe and effective, we believe it will become the first active vaccine marketed for preventing RSV infection. A significant, global unmet medical need should position Novavax well in negotiations with potential partners seeking ex-U.S. commercial rights, we believe. Release of the Resolve data could create substantial share volatility and we remind investors that the company possesses other assets that could also create share value, namely, the seasonal influenza vaccine and programs in other infectious diseases such as Zika"
Shares of Novavax closed at $6.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) Following 3Q Report
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Cowen Lifts PT on Lam Research (LRCX) to $100; Notes Strong Qtr., But WFE Run-Rate Not Sustainable
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!