Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on AMC Networks (AMCX) to $66; Reiterates Buy
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Guggenheim maintained a Buy rating on AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX), and cut the price target to $66.00 (from $77.00), after adjusting the company model. Management is “focused on being a content company which was a channel company” in the words of CEO Josh Sapan. Guggenheim updated the AMC model for a more conservative advertising revenue outlook and believes that the model reflects conservative assumptions with 2017 EPS of $6.06 compared to the consensus of $6.33.
Analyst Michael Morris commented, "We have updated our AMC Networks model ahead of the company's 3Q16 earnings (likely early November). AMCX shares have underperformed the market and media peers since the start of season six of The Walking Dead on October 11, 2015, reflecting investor concern toward the apparent maturity of the franchise (live audience declined 9% during the season). The show returns for its seventh season beginning on Sunday, October 23 and we expect it to be a key catalyst for sentiment. Our updated advertising revenue outlook assumes a 15% decline in monetizable ratings for the show during the 2016-17 season."
Shares of AMC Networks closed at $51.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!