Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on AMC Networks (AMCX) to $66; Reiterates Buy
- Wall St. set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Dollar recoups losses, caution sets in ahead of Trump inauguration
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Guggenheim maintained a Buy rating on AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX), and cut the price target to $66.00 (from $77.00), after adjusting the company model. Management is “focused on being a content company which was a channel company” in the words of CEO Josh Sapan. Guggenheim updated the AMC model for a more conservative advertising revenue outlook and believes that the model reflects conservative assumptions with 2017 EPS of $6.06 compared to the consensus of $6.33.
Analyst Michael Morris commented, "We have updated our AMC Networks model ahead of the company's 3Q16 earnings (likely early November). AMCX shares have underperformed the market and media peers since the start of season six of The Walking Dead on October 11, 2015, reflecting investor concern toward the apparent maturity of the franchise (live audience declined 9% during the season). The show returns for its seventh season beginning on Sunday, October 23 and we expect it to be a key catalyst for sentiment. Our updated advertising revenue outlook assumes a 15% decline in monetizable ratings for the show during the 2016-17 season."
Shares of AMC Networks closed at $51.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!