Google Photobook Rumors Creates Shutterfly (SFLY) Headline Risk - Baird
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sebastian said if true, "Shutterfly shares could come under pressure in the near term given the rapid adoption of the Google Photo app (200M monthly users highlighted on the GOOG 2Q16 earnings call), dredging up old concerns around competitive pressure from large-scale platforms (e.g., Apple Photobooks a long-time, but small-scale competitor; potential Facebook photo monetization)."
He said Shutterfly brand is a key competitive advantage, but Google Photos machine learning/artificial intelligence tech should not be discounted.
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $59 on SFLY and said September 13 analyst day could provide next catalyst for the stock, as new CEO Chris North is likely to provide investors with his long-term strategic outlook.
Shares of Shutterfly Inc. closed at $50.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- BMO Capital Reiterates Market Perform on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Report
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!