Google Photobook Rumors Creates Shutterfly (SFLY) Headline Risk - Baird
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Sebastian said if true, "Shutterfly shares could come under pressure in the near term given the rapid adoption of the Google Photo app (200M monthly users highlighted on the GOOG 2Q16 earnings call), dredging up old concerns around competitive pressure from large-scale platforms (e.g., Apple Photobooks a long-time, but small-scale competitor; potential Facebook photo monetization)."
He said Shutterfly brand is a key competitive advantage, but Google Photos machine learning/artificial intelligence tech should not be discounted.
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $59 on SFLY and said September 13 analyst day could provide next catalyst for the stock, as new CEO Chris North is likely to provide investors with his long-term strategic outlook.
Shares of Shutterfly Inc. closed at $50.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Said 'Very Close' on One or More Asset Sales
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!