Goldman Sachs Upgrades Range Resources (RRC) to Conviction Buy
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Goldman Sachs upgraded Range Resources (NYSE: RRC) from Neutral to Conviction Buy with a price target of $47, implying upside of 36%. Analyst Brian Singer highlighted gas/NGLs exposure, underappreciated production growth and valuation.
"Relative to other gassy E&Ps, RRC is more favorably exposed to Henry Hub and NGLs prices where we see near-term upside and less exposed to local Appalachia prices (of 2017 production, 34% unhedged exposure to Henry Hub/NGLs and only 19% unhedged exposure to Appalachia gas prices)," said Singer.
"RRC’s recent acquisition of Louisiana assets adds ability to flex production between Appalachia and Louisiana to mitigate risk of pipeline delays and/or regional price differences. We also see potential for greater Louisiana resource credit from upcoming delineation tests in a more exploratory portion of its acreage block with results expected by year-end," continued the analyst.
Singer added, "We see upside to consensus estimates and recently-released guidance for 2018 production growth (we are >20%). RRC’s EV/EBITDA multiple reflects below-historical premium, particularly on 2018E despite continued superior resource life."
Shares of Range Resources closed at $34.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!