Goldman Sachs Upgrades Finisar (FNSR) to Buy
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 11, 2016 9:08 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $39.00 (from $24.00), implying upside of 27%. Analyst Doug Clark thinks the company will capitalize on telecom product cycles and drive revenue.
"We expect Finisar to capitalize on two incremental product cycles in the Telecom market (in addition to continued Datacom growth). Market share expansion through ROADMs and CFP2-ACO should drive further acceleration in the Telecom segment (~30% of sales) as well as for the overall company in CY17. While Finisar lags peers in 100G exposure (at ~30% of Datacom vs. peers ~60%), mix has improved meaningfully in the past 2 quarters and now 100G eclipses 40G exposure (20% of Datacom)," said Clark.
The analyst added, "Given its vertical integration, we estimate Finisar offers the most potential margin expansion among traditional component companies, and model >300bps of gross margin expansion in CY16 and nearly 150bps of expansion in CY17. If Finisar’s CY17E gross margins were to reach prior 2013 peaks, it would imply another $0.13 of EPS upside vs. our above consensus forecasts."
Discussing valuation, the analyst said, "FNSR trades at a discount to peers on both EV/S and P/E and only modestly above its median 5-year P/E multiple. We believe it should trade closer to peers given product cycle exposure, comparable EPS growth, and margin upside."
Shares of Finisar closed at $30.64 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!