Goldman Sachs Starts Weyerhaeuser (WY) at Conviciton Buy
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 22, 2016 9:04 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Weyerhaeuser (NYSE: WY) with a Conviction Buy rating and a price target of $37. The price target implies 22% upside. Analyst Brian Maguire highlighted its unique Timberlands assets, supercycle potential, and its attractive dividend.
"WY ($23bn market cap) is our top pick in the US Paper & Forest products coverage with a Buy rating and 22% upside to our 12month price target of $37. We view WY as the only way for investors to get exposure to the attractive Timberland asset class via a liquid large-cap publicly-traded equity. Following a portfolio transformation since CEO Doyle Simmons took over in 2013, we estimate that 75% of WY’s enterprise value today is from its ownership of 13.2mn acres of US Timberlands," said Maguire.
The analyst added, "While past performance is not an indicator of future results, we note that over the last 20 years Timberland values: 1) Outperformed the S&P 500 (7.5% CAGR vs. 5.9% for the S&P 500) on a $/acre basis; 2) Had almost no correlation (0.04) with the S&P 500; and 3) Were more stable than the S&P 500 (annualized volatility of 5.4% vs. 16.6% for the S&P 500) with much shallower draw-downs. We expect continued appreciation in US Timberland values to be a key driver of WY’s stock price."
Shares of Weyerhaeuser closed at $30.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Deutsche Bank Starts Cognex (CGNX) at Buy
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!