Goldman Sachs Starts American Airlines (AAL) at Buy, Sees 26% Upside
- Caterpillar (CAT) Tops Q3 EPS by 36c; Boosts FY14 EPS Outlook
- Comcast (CMCSA) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/23: (CYTX) (SCSS) (TSCO) (JAKK) Higher; (AIRM) (ADHD) (YELP) (UA) Lower (more...)
- 3M COMPANY (MMM) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Lifts FY14 Profit Outlook
- Lilly & Co. (LLY) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
Goldman Sachs initiates coverage on American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL) with a Buy rating and a price target of $46, suggesting 26% upside.
Analyst Tom Kim said, "In our view, the stock should outperform our airline coverage and the S&P500. The carrier’s margins are poised to expand 2.0 ppts over 2013-16E to 12.7%, which we expect to drive multiple expansion. Meanwhile, earnings growth should accelerate thanks to a favorable airline cycle, which we expect to facilitate AAL's integration initiatives more than the market anticipates. Consensus upgrades should catalyze near-term share performance while margin growth drives multiple expansion, in our view."
While consensus estimates have risen 36.5% for FY 2014 and 30.8% for 2015 over the past three months, the firm still sees upside risk to the consensus. The firm's estimates are 6.7% above the Street for 2014 and 11.5% above for 2015.
Shares of American Airlines closed at $36.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Chesapeake Partner's Lerner Likes American, Barnes & Noble, and GenCorp at RH Conference (AAL) (BKS) (GY) (EXP)
- Buy Yelp (YELP) on Weakness, Needham & Company Says
- Nomura Securities Downgrades Melco Crown Enter. (MPEL) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!