Goldman Sachs Starts American Airlines (AAL) at Buy, Sees 26% Upside
- Allergan (AGN), Valeant (VRX), Pershing Square Enter Litigation Settlement; Special Meeting Date Set
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/15: (DRYS) (DSX) (FONR) Higher; (COOL) (OPXA) (GST) Lower (more...)
- Market Wrap: Apple's New iPhone Pre-Order Sales Record; Microsoft 'Digs Up' Key Acquisition; Tesla Slumps on Cautious Comments
- Apple (AAPL) Announces Record iPhone 6/6+ Pre-Orders
- FactSet Research (FDS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Guides Q1 EPS Below Views
Goldman Sachs initiates coverage on American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL) with a Buy rating and a price target of $46, suggesting 26% upside.
Analyst Tom Kim said, "In our view, the stock should outperform our airline coverage and the S&P500. The carrier’s margins are poised to expand 2.0 ppts over 2013-16E to 12.7%, which we expect to drive multiple expansion. Meanwhile, earnings growth should accelerate thanks to a favorable airline cycle, which we expect to facilitate AAL's integration initiatives more than the market anticipates. Consensus upgrades should catalyze near-term share performance while margin growth drives multiple expansion, in our view."
While consensus estimates have risen 36.5% for FY 2014 and 30.8% for 2015 over the past three months, the firm still sees upside risk to the consensus. The firm's estimates are 6.7% above the Street for 2014 and 11.5% above for 2015.
Shares of American Airlines closed at $36.56 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Starts Diana Shipping (DSX) at Buy
- KeyBanc Starts Gencorp (GY) at Hold
- Deutsche Bank Starts StealthGas (GASS) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!