Goldman Sachs Starts American Airlines (AAL) at Buy, Sees 26% Upside
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q2 EPS Views; Mobile MAUs Rose 20%
- Wall St. ends lower after Fed keeps rates unchanged
- Alere (ALR) Faces Criminal Probe Over Medicare, Medicaid Billing - DJ
- FOMC Maintains Rates (Full Statement)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/27: (PCMI) (GRPN) (CRUS) (FB) Higher; (INFN) (ARGS) (RCII) Lower (more...)
Goldman Sachs initiates coverage on American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL) with a Buy rating and a price target of $46, suggesting 26% upside.
Analyst Tom Kim said, "In our view, the stock should outperform our airline coverage and the S&P500. The carrier’s margins are poised to expand 2.0 ppts over 2013-16E to 12.7%, which we expect to drive multiple expansion. Meanwhile, earnings growth should accelerate thanks to a favorable airline cycle, which we expect to facilitate AAL's integration initiatives more than the market anticipates. Consensus upgrades should catalyze near-term share performance while margin growth drives multiple expansion, in our view."
While consensus estimates have risen 36.5% for FY 2014 and 30.8% for 2015 over the past three months, the firm still sees upside risk to the consensus. The firm's estimates are 6.7% above the Street for 2014 and 11.5% above for 2015.
Shares of American Airlines closed at $36.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Brean Capital Starts TAL Education Group American De (XRS) at Buy
- UBS Raises Price Target on Masco Corp. (MAS) Following 2Q Report - PT to $40
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Superior Energy Services (SPN) to $21; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!