Goldman Sachs Starts American Airlines (AAL) at Buy, Sees 26% Upside
- Top 10 News for 03/23 - 03/27: Kraft/Heinz Mega Food Merger, SanDisk Warns, Biotech Bubblicious
- Intel (INTC) in Talks to Buy Altera Corp (ALTR) - WSJ
- Dow Chemical (DOW) to Separate Chlor-Alkali Unit, Merge it with Olin (OLN)
- UPDATE: BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of 4c
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/27: Higher GBSN, OLN, OXM; Lower OHRP, MOLG, APDN (more...)
Goldman Sachs initiates coverage on American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL) with a Buy rating and a price target of $46, suggesting 26% upside.
Analyst Tom Kim said, "In our view, the stock should outperform our airline coverage and the S&P500. The carrier’s margins are poised to expand 2.0 ppts over 2013-16E to 12.7%, which we expect to drive multiple expansion. Meanwhile, earnings growth should accelerate thanks to a favorable airline cycle, which we expect to facilitate AAL's integration initiatives more than the market anticipates. Consensus upgrades should catalyze near-term share performance while margin growth drives multiple expansion, in our view."
While consensus estimates have risen 36.5% for FY 2014 and 30.8% for 2015 over the past three months, the firm still sees upside risk to the consensus. The firm's estimates are 6.7% above the Street for 2014 and 11.5% above for 2015.
Shares of American Airlines closed at $36.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 03/27: (OLN) (OREX) (BMRN) (DOW) Higher; (OHRP) (APDN) (RH) Lower (more...)
- HB Fuller (FUL) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Piper Jaffray
- Finish Line (FINL) Results, Outlook Shows Foot Locker (FL) Is Winning the War, Sterne Agee Says
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!