Goldman Sachs Starts American Airlines (AAL) at Buy, Sees 26% Upside
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Goldman Sachs initiates coverage on American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL) with a Buy rating and a price target of $46, suggesting 26% upside.
Analyst Tom Kim said, "In our view, the stock should outperform our airline coverage and the S&P500. The carrier’s margins are poised to expand 2.0 ppts over 2013-16E to 12.7%, which we expect to drive multiple expansion. Meanwhile, earnings growth should accelerate thanks to a favorable airline cycle, which we expect to facilitate AAL's integration initiatives more than the market anticipates. Consensus upgrades should catalyze near-term share performance while margin growth drives multiple expansion, in our view."
While consensus estimates have risen 36.5% for FY 2014 and 30.8% for 2015 over the past three months, the firm still sees upside risk to the consensus. The firm's estimates are 6.7% above the Street for 2014 and 11.5% above for 2015.
Shares of American Airlines closed at $36.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nomura Securities Starts Amazon.com (AMZN) at Buy; Sees 24% Upside
- UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Oracle (ORCL) at Hold
- UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Symantec (SYMC) at Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!