Goldman Sachs Sees 34% Upside in Pandora (P) and Adds Stock to Conviction Buy List
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 8:24 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Pandora (NYSE: P) from Buy to Conviction Buy with a price target of $19.00 (from $17.00), implying upside of 34%. Analyst Heath P. Terry thinks new product offerings will expand its addressable market.
"While the company faces meaningful execution and competitive risks as it launches new subscription models and transitions its ad-supported business to direct label relationships, we see significant potential upside to out-year estimates from premium radio and on-demand subscriptions. With the current valuation at 2.1X 2017E sales, having underperformed the median SMid-cap internet company by 35ppt over the last 12 months, the potential upside more than offsets those risks. Therefore, we are Buy rated (CL) and raise our 12-month price target to $19 from $17 to reflect that optionality," said Terry.
Discussing new product offerings, the analyst said, "While we did not look favorably on abandoning the favorable CRB results of Dec ’15, we do believe that Pandora’s new product offerings could significantly expand its addressable market. The mid-priced premium radio product, particularly with the addition of offline listening, along with a differentiated on demand product that leverages Pandora’s data, technology, and audience, should not only reach an audience Pandora historically hasn’t but also an audience its competitors haven’t. With 10% of US radio listener hours and the potential to see that accelerate with the growing ubiquity of connected cars and devices, we believe Pandora’s existing 5% share of the $17bn ad- supported radio market should expand. We also see the synergies in tickets as potentially going beyond the company’s $300mn estimate for 2020."
Shares of Pandora closed at $14.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!