Goldman Sachs Sees 21% Upside in L Brands (LB) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - August 22, 2016 8:30 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded L Brands (NYSE: LB) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $94.00 (from $73.00), implying upside of 21%. Analyst Lindsay Drucker Mann thinks a bottom has formed and said the company's path for growth looks "very bright."
"2Q results have eased our concerns about how disruptive the new promotional strategy at Victoria's Secret (VS) would be on the business, and we believe a bottom is visible for productivity and margins. We believe VS can show sequential improvement in margins as it laps transient headwinds, while keeping comp declines contained in the near term. Longer term, LB remains a compelling secular growth story, with outstanding brand equity, best in class operating capabilities and high visibility growth drivers supporting mid-to-high-teens total return potential annually with no multiple expansion (EPS + dividends)," said Drucker Mann.
Shares of L Brands closed at $77.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!