Goldman Sachs Sees 21% Upside in L Brands (LB) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - August 22, 2016 8:30 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs upgraded L Brands (NYSE: LB) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $94.00 (from $73.00), implying upside of 21%. Analyst Lindsay Drucker Mann thinks a bottom has formed and said the company's path for growth looks "very bright."
"2Q results have eased our concerns about how disruptive the new promotional strategy at Victoria's Secret (VS) would be on the business, and we believe a bottom is visible for productivity and margins. We believe VS can show sequential improvement in margins as it laps transient headwinds, while keeping comp declines contained in the near term. Longer term, LB remains a compelling secular growth story, with outstanding brand equity, best in class operating capabilities and high visibility growth drivers supporting mid-to-high-teens total return potential annually with no multiple expansion (EPS + dividends)," said Drucker Mann.
Shares of L Brands closed at $77.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!