Goldman Sachs Removes Level 3 Communications (LVLT) from Conviction Buy List
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Goldman Sachs downgraded Level 3 Communications (NYSE: LVLT) from Conviction Buy to Buy with a price target of $55.00 (from $64.00). Analyst Brett Feldman noted softer revenue outlook.
"While we lower out 12m target price by 14% to $55 on a mix of a lower target multiple and growth expectations, we maintain our Buy with 19% potential upside. Further, we expect LVLT to provide an update on capital allocation plans by year end. While it has stated M&A is a higher priority, we believe the recent pullback in the stock price increases the relative appeal for buybacks and could see an authorization announced by year end. Highlighting its financial flexibility, we estimate LVLT could in theory repurchase +60% of its stock over 5 years at target leverage," said Feldman.
Shares of Level 3 Communications closed at $45.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs, Raising Prices
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!