Goldman Sachs Cuts Lumentum (LITE) to Sell
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 11, 2016 9:12 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs downgraded Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $36. Analyst Doug Clark said its premium valuation already reflects industry tailwinds and product mix.
"Lumentum is slightly behind competitors in terms of timing of new product ramps, and ramping product CFP2-ACO may be a bit of a substitute within its Telecom segment (60% of total sales). We expect its Telecom growth to decelerate to 7% yoy growth in CY17E vs. 14% in CY16E. Additionally, Lumentum faces challenging comps in its ROADM business and should face more competition in the Verizon metro build, where it may soon lose its status as the sole sourced supplier," said Clark.
The analyst continued, "We expect Lumentum’s future margin (in its Op Comms segment) to remain limited compared to Finisar based on historical precedent and annual Telecom price declines."
Clark added, "Ex-Acacia, Lumentum screens as the most expensive component stock among direct peers on a P/E basis, at 24X CY17E vs. peers at 20X on average, despite having similar EPS growth forecasts and margin profile."
Shares of Lumentum closed at $44.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!