GoPro (GPRO) Holding Back Selling at Amazon was Strategic
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Dourgherty & Co analyst Charlie Anderson notes that GoPro has actually voluntarily held back on shipping the Hero 5 to Amazon.com in the U.S.. Thus, the only way to buy a Hero 5 on Amazon is through a third party as opposed to Amazon directly and it is not available for Amazon Prime shipping.
Anderson said GoPro told them they are doing this because of their displeasure over how its products were priced on Amazon recently. Because retailers like Best Buy (GoPro's No. 1 customer most quarters) now price match Amazon.com, the integrity of retail pricing is extremely important.
GoPro told them that Amazon.com is receiving the product internationally (price protection is not allowed in many international markets) and that its other retailer partners have picked up the excess units that would have originally gone to Amazon. GoPro does stock its products at 45K retail locations globally.
Importantly, according to Anderson, it sounds like Amazon will be receiving the products before the important Holiday weeks.
GoPro told Piper Jaffray that it will resume shipping to Amazon by the end of October/beginning of November.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GoPro (GPRO): Expect Revenue At Or Above Consensus - Wedbush
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- Stifel Upgrades Hub Group (HUBG) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!