GoPro (GPRO) Holding Back Selling at Amazon was Strategic
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Dourgherty & Co analyst Charlie Anderson notes that GoPro has actually voluntarily held back on shipping the Hero 5 to Amazon.com in the U.S.. Thus, the only way to buy a Hero 5 on Amazon is through a third party as opposed to Amazon directly and it is not available for Amazon Prime shipping.
Anderson said GoPro told them they are doing this because of their displeasure over how its products were priced on Amazon recently. Because retailers like Best Buy (GoPro's No. 1 customer most quarters) now price match Amazon.com, the integrity of retail pricing is extremely important.
GoPro told them that Amazon.com is receiving the product internationally (price protection is not allowed in many international markets) and that its other retailer partners have picked up the excess units that would have originally gone to Amazon. GoPro does stock its products at 45K retail locations globally.
Importantly, according to Anderson, it sounds like Amazon will be receiving the products before the important Holiday weeks.
GoPro told Piper Jaffray that it will resume shipping to Amazon by the end of October/beginning of November.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Orbital-ATK (OA) at Buy
- Roth Capital Downgrades Ideal Power (IPWR) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!