GoPro (GPRO): Not Enough Evidence to Support Growth Outlook - Dougherty
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Dougherty & Co. analyst, Charles Anderson, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) after the company missed Q316 expectations badly and guided Q416 below consensus. The analyst had the lowest estimates of consensus but were above the Street-low expectations.
Management blamed the miss and guide-down entirely on an undisclosed production issue that is supposedly fully resolved. The analyst's view is that there is too much ground to make up in Q4 with unit guidance close to unchanged and that there is not enough evidence to support strong Holiday sell-through of the Hero 5 cameras.
Management then guided to Q416 revenue/EPS of $625MM/$0.30 vs. consensus of $666MM/$0.44. Despite the weakness, management guided to "double digit" revenue growth in FY17 and positive net income based on a reduction of OpEx to $650MM which is ~$80MM lower than FY16 estimate. To get to positive net income and assuming GM% is flat at 40%, GoPro would thus need to do over $1.6B of revenue in FY17.
Shares of closed at $ yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!