GoPro (GPRO): Not Enough Evidence to Support Growth Outlook - Dougherty
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Dougherty & Co. analyst, Charles Anderson, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) after the company missed Q316 expectations badly and guided Q416 below consensus. The analyst had the lowest estimates of consensus but were above the Street-low expectations.
Management blamed the miss and guide-down entirely on an undisclosed production issue that is supposedly fully resolved. The analyst's view is that there is too much ground to make up in Q4 with unit guidance close to unchanged and that there is not enough evidence to support strong Holiday sell-through of the Hero 5 cameras.
Management then guided to Q416 revenue/EPS of $625MM/$0.30 vs. consensus of $666MM/$0.44. Despite the weakness, management guided to "double digit" revenue growth in FY17 and positive net income based on a reduction of OpEx to $650MM which is ~$80MM lower than FY16 estimate. To get to positive net income and assuming GM% is flat at 40%, GoPro would thus need to do over $1.6B of revenue in FY17.
Shares of closed at $ yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q Miss
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!