Gilead Sciences (GILD) Has Hidden NASH Value - Gabelli
- Wall Street dragged lower by Apple and banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
- U.S. economy less sluggish in second quarter; companies investing more
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
While Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) is modestly lower Thursday following the suspension of its phase 2/3 for GS-5745, Gabelli analyst Jing He is highlighting the company's hidden value in NASH.
He sees the NASH market at $20 billion by 2025 and notes Gilead has the most comprehensive NASH portfolio with four NASH candidates.
Gilead is expecting two Phase II readouts from simtuzumab and GS-4997 (ASK-1 inhibitor) in 2H’16.
The analyst sees GILD as having a compelling valuation. "We are reiterating our Buy recommendation on Gilead. Its NASH portfolio is a hidden asset behind Hep C and HIV, with multiple readouts expected in 2H’16. We see increasing value in this franchise and believe Gilead will become a leader in NASH."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gilead Sciences (GILD), WHO Enter Five-Year Visceral Leishmaniasis Collaboration
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on BlackBerry (BBRY) Following 2Q Beat
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): Boost For Gilead R&D Strategy - Leerink
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!