Gilead Sciences (GILD) Has Hidden NASH Value - Gabelli
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
While Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) is modestly lower Thursday following the suspension of its phase 2/3 for GS-5745, Gabelli analyst Jing He is highlighting the company's hidden value in NASH.
He sees the NASH market at $20 billion by 2025 and notes Gilead has the most comprehensive NASH portfolio with four NASH candidates.
Gilead is expecting two Phase II readouts from simtuzumab and GS-4997 (ASK-1 inhibitor) in 2H’16.
The analyst sees GILD as having a compelling valuation. "We are reiterating our Buy recommendation on Gilead. Its NASH portfolio is a hidden asset behind Hep C and HIV, with multiple readouts expected in 2H’16. We see increasing value in this franchise and believe Gilead will become a leader in NASH."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) Ticks Higher on Unsubstantiated Rumors
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) Following 4Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Symantec (SYMC) to $27; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!