Gilead Sciences (GILD): Boost For Gilead R&D Strategy - Leerink
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) after Gilead partner Galapagos announced endoscopic and histopathological results, for FITZROY, their phase 2 trial of JAK1 inhibitor filgotinib in Crohn's disease – with positive trends observed for the treatment arms. The results of FITZROY had previously been reported last May (with an interim disclosure last December), but yesterday’s results mark the first time pathology data was provided.
The percentage of actively treated patients with a Simple Endoscopic Score for Crohn's Disease (SES-CD) improvement of at least 50% was 25% in contrast to the percentage of patients receiving placebo, which was 13.6%. The difference was not significant, but clearly trended toward the treatment arm.
The analyst stated "These data, while not overwhelming, continue to support the potential of filgotinib as a treatment for Crohn’s, and are likely to provide a slight uplift for Gilead’s R&D strategy, which had recently taken a hit with the disclosure that the company was discontinuing its GS-5745 (anti-MMP9 antibody) in ulcerative colitis".
Gilead and Galapagos expect to initiate a phase 3 in Crohn’s and a phase 2/3 in ulcerative colitis next quarter.
No change to the price target of $112.
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $81.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- High VCN Number at ASH Bodes Well for bluebird bio (BLUE) - Maxim Group
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!