Gap (GPS) PT Lifted to $23 at UBS, Remains 'Sell' Rated
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst Michael Binetti lifted his price target on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) to $23.00 (from $16.00) but maintained a Sell rating, saying while EPS was in-line November is off to s slow start.
Binetti "We're trimming our 4QE EPS to $0.43 from $0.45. Like most retailers so far, GPS signaled a slow start to Nov SSS. GPS noted that traffic has decelerated from 3Q - making it tough to assume positive SSS in 4Q, even against an easy -7% comparison (we forecast 4Q SSS -1.4%). That said, it's early in Nov, and election distractions and a lack of early cold weather have likely been headwinds that could easily dissipate for the group (and the majority of holiday sales are still to come)."
He added, "We're raising our 2017E EPS to $2.00 from $1.88 to reflect better flow-through of GMs in 1H17 (now forecasting 36.7% GM for '17 vs 35.5% previously). That said, GPS acknowledged that after several years of tight expense management, the company would need SSS to turn positive to leverage SG&A from here."
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $30.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!