Gap, Inc. (GPS): Reiterating Market Perform Rating And PT - Cowen
- Wall St. opens lower amid Trump, Brexit uncertainty
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst, Oliver Chen, reiterated his Market Perform on shares of Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) despite overall comps being negative since for 6 consecutive quarters. Why? Inventory control & merch. margins were brighter spots in 3Q and the company is focused on quality, driving scale advantages & interjecting product innovation which can set it apart.
The analyst stated "GPS has a prudent focus on protecting & growing margins, returning cash & driving a flexible supply chain. Improved comp store sales consistency can happen with a focus on supply chain, personalized/mobile technology, and disciplined inventory management. Product acceptance risk at Gap division points us toward lack of near-term upside, as merchandise margins could be under pressure due to assortment fixes taking time".
No change to the $25 PT.
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $30.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Following Industry Checks
- Wedbush Downgrades Entravision Communications (EVC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!