Gap, Inc. (GPS): Reiterating Market Perform Rating And PT - Cowen
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen analyst, Oliver Chen, reiterated his Market Perform on shares of Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) despite overall comps being negative since for 6 consecutive quarters. Why? Inventory control & merch. margins were brighter spots in 3Q and the company is focused on quality, driving scale advantages & interjecting product innovation which can set it apart.
The analyst stated "GPS has a prudent focus on protecting & growing margins, returning cash & driving a flexible supply chain. Improved comp store sales consistency can happen with a focus on supply chain, personalized/mobile technology, and disciplined inventory management. Product acceptance risk at Gap division points us toward lack of near-term upside, as merchandise margins could be under pressure due to assortment fixes taking time".
No change to the $25 PT.
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $30.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Ahead of 4Q
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $90
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!