GameStop (GME) Estimates Raised at Needham & Company on 'Broad' Q2 Beat
- ITC Holdings (ITC) to Review of Strategic Alternatives Including Sale
- Wall St. dips with health, consumer shares; gains for November
- Market Wrap: Pending Sales Edge Higher in Oct.; Yuan Added to IMF's SDR; Amazon Shows-off Drone Tech
- SunTrust's Bob Peck Highlights 10 Candidates to Replace Yahoo! (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer
- After-Hours Stock Movers 11/30: (HFFC) (BLOX) (MFRM) Higher; (NQ) (AMSG) (SSH) Lower (more...)
Needham & Company analyst Sean McGowan reiterated a Buy rating and $55 price target on GameStop (NYSE: GME) while raising estimates following a broad Q2 beat.
McGowan commented, "2Q results beat expectations broadly, with sales, margins (gross and operating) and EPS all exceeding our estimates and showing exceptional YoY growth. As expected, new video game hardware rose sharply, but the strong growth in new software was more surprising. Gross margins were higher than expected in almost every product segment. Management’s guidance for 3Q, facing a difficult comparison, was quite encouraging, as was the affirmation of previous guidance, given that several AAA titles have shifted out of the fiscal year."
The firm is raising our EPS estimates by $0.10 in 2014, '15 and '16 to reflect better margin assumptions. FY 2015 EPS goes from $3.65 to $3.75 and FY 2016 EPS goes from $4.50 to $4.60.
Shares of GameStop closed at $40.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Downgrades Abengoa Yield (ABY) to Hold
- UPDATE: CIBC Assumes Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) at Sector Perform
- UPDATE: Fitbit's (FIT) Valuation 'Too Compelling to Ignore', Says Barclays; Analyst Upgrades Stock to Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!