GameStop (GME) Estimates Raised at Needham & Company on 'Broad' Q2 Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by 17c; $200B Capital Return Plan
- Market Wrap: Apple Does it Again in Q2; Mylan Rejects Teva Bid; Applied Materials, Tokyo Electron Terminate Merger
- After-Hours Stock Movers 04/27: (VRML) (RTEC) (AAPL) Higher; (UNXL) (TCS) (AMKR) Lower (more...)
- MasterCard (MA) to Acquire Applied Predictive Technologies for $600M
- Biotech Stocks Pressured (BIIB) (CELG) (GILD)
Needham & Company analyst Sean McGowan reiterated a Buy rating and $55 price target on GameStop (NYSE: GME) while raising estimates following a broad Q2 beat.
McGowan commented, "2Q results beat expectations broadly, with sales, margins (gross and operating) and EPS all exceeding our estimates and showing exceptional YoY growth. As expected, new video game hardware rose sharply, but the strong growth in new software was more surprising. Gross margins were higher than expected in almost every product segment. Management’s guidance for 3Q, facing a difficult comparison, was quite encouraging, as was the affirmation of previous guidance, given that several AAA titles have shifted out of the fiscal year."
The firm is raising our EPS estimates by $0.10 in 2014, '15 and '16 to reflect better margin assumptions. FY 2015 EPS goes from $3.65 to $3.75 and FY 2016 EPS goes from $4.50 to $4.60.
Shares of GameStop closed at $40.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Inogen (INGN) PT Lifted to $46 at Needham & Company
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Downgrades 3D Systems (DDD) to Hold
- UPDATE: Cowen Starts Trillium Therapeutics (TRIL) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!