GameStop (GME) Estimates Raised at Needham & Company on 'Broad' Q2 Beat
- Market Wrap: PPI Flat in August; Rackspace Nixes Sale Idea; Boeing, SpaceX Get NASA Contract
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/16: (AUXL) (NSPR) (YRCW) Higher; (RAX) (ADBE) (SXL) Lower (more...)
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
- Rackspace (RAX) Ends Formal Evaluation of M&A Transactions
- Endo (ENDP) Makes $28.10/Share Bid for Auxilium Pharma (AUXL)
Needham & Company analyst Sean McGowan reiterated a Buy rating and $55 price target on GameStop (NYSE: GME) while raising estimates following a broad Q2 beat.
McGowan commented, "2Q results beat expectations broadly, with sales, margins (gross and operating) and EPS all exceeding our estimates and showing exceptional YoY growth. As expected, new video game hardware rose sharply, but the strong growth in new software was more surprising. Gross margins were higher than expected in almost every product segment. Management’s guidance for 3Q, facing a difficult comparison, was quite encouraging, as was the affirmation of previous guidance, given that several AAA titles have shifted out of the fiscal year."
The firm is raising our EPS estimates by $0.10 in 2014, '15 and '16 to reflect better margin assumptions. FY 2015 EPS goes from $3.65 to $3.75 and FY 2016 EPS goes from $4.50 to $4.60.
Shares of GameStop closed at $40.49 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Upgrades Tableau Software (DATA) to Outperform
- UPDATE: Sterne Agee Upgrades Approach Resources (AREX) to Neutral
- On Track Innovations (OTIV) PT Lifted at Northland Capital Market
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!