GameStop (GME): Hardware Cycle and VR Should Overshadow Shift to Digital - Piper Jaffray
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Michael Olson, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of GameStop (NYSE: GME) and reiterated his price target of $41.
There are three key components to the GME story today:
1) secular headwinds of ongoing shift towards digital gaming
2) positive near-term impact of the mid-cycle hardware refresh & VR
3) the diversification of the business towards non-GameStop store initiatives (AT&T wireless stores, etc.).
The analyst believes the most impactful of these trends in the next year will likely be the 2H'16 & '17 updated slate of hardware (incl. VR). Historically, new hardware has drawn gamers into retail. While GameStop faces headwinds from digital full game downloads, there are some near-term catalysts for GME shares with the mid-cycle console refresh and VR.
Shares of GameStop closed at $31.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Michael Olson
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!