GameStop (GME): Hardware Cycle and VR Should Overshadow Shift to Digital - Piper Jaffray
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Michael Olson, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of GameStop (NYSE: GME) and reiterated his price target of $41.
There are three key components to the GME story today:
1) secular headwinds of ongoing shift towards digital gaming
2) positive near-term impact of the mid-cycle hardware refresh & VR
3) the diversification of the business towards non-GameStop store initiatives (AT&T wireless stores, etc.).
The analyst believes the most impactful of these trends in the next year will likely be the 2H'16 & '17 updated slate of hardware (incl. VR). Historically, new hardware has drawn gamers into retail. While GameStop faces headwinds from digital full game downloads, there are some near-term catalysts for GME shares with the mid-cycle console refresh and VR.
Shares of GameStop closed at $31.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Michael Olson
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!