GW Pharma (GWPH) PT Raised to $182 at Cantor Fitzgerald Following Successful Second LGS Trial
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Elemer Piros raised his price target on Buy-rated GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) to $182.00 (from $165.00) after the company reported a second successful pivotal trial in Lennox-Gastaut syndromes (LGS).
Piros commented, "The second LGS trial was in most respects a carbon copy of the results obtained in the first one. The drug worked in a highly refractory patient population on top of additional drugs, beating placebo by a wide margin. At study entry, patients have already failed seven other drugs and experienced a drop seizure frequency of 85/month. During the trial patients (n=225) were taking, on average, three additional drugs plus two doses of Epidiolex or placebo. Fourteen weeks after starting treatment, seizure frequency was reduced by 17% in the placebo group vs. by 37% (p=0.0016) in the 10mg/kg arm and by 42% (p=0.0047) for those who took the 20mg/kg dose. As a reminder, the seizure reduction rate was 44% (20mg/kg) in the previous Phase 3 trial."
Shares of GW Pharma closed at $107.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!