GW Pharma (GWPH) PT Raised to $182 at Cantor Fitzgerald Following Successful Second LGS Trial
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Elemer Piros raised his price target on Buy-rated GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) to $182.00 (from $165.00) after the company reported a second successful pivotal trial in Lennox-Gastaut syndromes (LGS).
Piros commented, "The second LGS trial was in most respects a carbon copy of the results obtained in the first one. The drug worked in a highly refractory patient population on top of additional drugs, beating placebo by a wide margin. At study entry, patients have already failed seven other drugs and experienced a drop seizure frequency of 85/month. During the trial patients (n=225) were taking, on average, three additional drugs plus two doses of Epidiolex or placebo. Fourteen weeks after starting treatment, seizure frequency was reduced by 17% in the placebo group vs. by 37% (p=0.0016) in the 10mg/kg arm and by 42% (p=0.0047) for those who took the 20mg/kg dose. As a reminder, the seizure reduction rate was 44% (20mg/kg) in the previous Phase 3 trial."
Shares of GW Pharma closed at $107.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!