GW Pharma (GWPH), Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Cara (CARA) on Watch Ahead of DEA Marijuana Policy Announcement
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH), Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CARA) and Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSY), among other cannabis stocks are on watch today as the The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is expected to announced it will boost the supply of research-grade marijuana available for scientists, pharmaceutical companies, and others. The announcment is expected at 9AM.
The DEA may also announce that it will not reclassify marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II controlled substance.
According to Height Securities analyst Stefanie Miller, should marijuana remain a Schedule I substance the news would be negative especially for GW Pharmaceuticals, but also Insys Therapeutics.
"We do not believe, however, a setback today by the DEA is indicative of the broader political trend and state-by-state destigmatization of marijuana that will likely lead to a country-wide legalization probably sometime between 2020 and 2022 and Congressional legislation that directly removes current banking and financing risk sometime between 2018 and 2019," she added.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- GW Pharma (GWPH) Posts Q4 EPS of 7.4c; Announces Additional Positive Epidiolex Phase 3 Data
- RBC says 'Trump-onomics' has Reset Industrial Expansion Clock - (HDS) (WCC) (GWW) (MMM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!