GE's 3D Printing Acquisitions Not Seen Accelerating Consolidation in the Space - Stifel (DDD) (SSYS) (XONE)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
While moving the 3D sector higher today, Stifel analyst Patrick Newton does not see General Electric's (NYSE: GE) plans to acquire Arcam AB and SLM Solutions Group AG being indicative of consolidation accelerating for their coverage.
Newton commented, "Although shares of 3D Systems (NYSE: DDD), Stratasys (NASDAQ: SSYS), ExOne (NASDAQ: XONE), and non-covered 3D Printing peers are reacting positively on the news, likely on hopes of future consolidation, we see limited read-through to our coverage given GE management’s commentary that the company has a clear focus on metals and not the plastics market within additive manufacturing. Additionally, we see acquisitions of metal functionality by GE competitors as unlikely given EOS and Concept Laser are privately held and seem unwilling to sell based on our prior conversations, with Arcam representing a unique technology and SLM significantly larger than other available SLS peers (excluding EOS and concept Laser). Although the announcement has the potential to bring attention to the industry, and legitimize additive manufacturing for industrial applications, we believe the announcement is more indicative of the adoption and the potential of metal application in aerospace, an area where our coverage lacks material expertise/volume. Accordingly, we do not see GE’s move as indicative of consolidation accelerating in our 3D Printing coverage."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesStifel, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!