Further Share Gains Drive Best Buy (BBY) Results, PT to $47 - UBS
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS analyst Michael Lasser lifted his price target on Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) to $47.00 (from $38.00) but maintained a Neutral rating following Q3 results which showed further share gains.
Lasser commented, "In the face of a declining category, BBY continues to outperform & take share. Its 3Q domestic SSS of 1.8% outperformed the industry (as defined by NPD) by 490 bps, an acceleration from the 400 bp gain in 2Q. We think it is taking share from a number of competitors for several reasons. It has developed a differentiated in-store experience through stores-within-stores. By playing at the high-end of the market, it is probably driving better attach rates & building bigger baskets. Also, its omnichannel investments have been paying off as its eCommerce sales have grown 24% for the last 3 Qs on an already strong base. These have occurred during a stable pricing environment. In 2 of the last 3 editions of our quarterly pricing surveys, BBY has been cheaper than WMT & within 250 bps of AMZN. While it can't take 500 bps of share ad infinitum, we believe it's well positioned to grow faster than the category for an extended period."
The analyst model $3.55 in EPS for FY'18.
Shares of Best Buy closed at $45.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Columbia Sportswear (COLM) to $72; Reiterates Outperform
- FBN Securities Raises Price Target on Pandora (P) to $15 Following 4Q Preannouncement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!