Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) the 'Go-To' Copper Play Again, PT to $20 - Cowen
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst Anthony Rizzuto reiterated an Outperform rating and raised his price target on Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) to $20.00 (from $15.00) as the stock has regained its status as the go-to copper investment vehicle after the impressive actions taken by management to right-size the balance sheet, in their view.
"FCX shares could re-rate higher as the implied copper price in shares is well below current spot prices," he said.
Rizzuto notes FCX maintains significant leverage to improving copper prices, in spite of recent copper asset divestitures. "Every 10¢/lb move in copper prices results in an estimated $410MM change in 2017 EBITDA," he notes. "Copper prices have been volatile in recent weeks, but appear to have settled close to $2.50/lb from under $2.10 just a few weeks ago."
Shares of Freeport-McMoRan closed at $13.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Commodities
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!