Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) the 'Go-To' Copper Play Again, PT to $20 - Cowen
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen analyst Anthony Rizzuto reiterated an Outperform rating and raised his price target on Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) to $20.00 (from $15.00) as the stock has regained its status as the go-to copper investment vehicle after the impressive actions taken by management to right-size the balance sheet, in their view.
"FCX shares could re-rate higher as the implied copper price in shares is well below current spot prices," he said.
Rizzuto notes FCX maintains significant leverage to improving copper prices, in spite of recent copper asset divestitures. "Every 10¢/lb move in copper prices results in an estimated $410MM change in 2017 EBITDA," he notes. "Copper prices have been volatile in recent weeks, but appear to have settled close to $2.50/lb from under $2.10 just a few weeks ago."
Shares of Freeport-McMoRan closed at $13.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Commodities
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!