Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) the 'Go-To' Copper Play Again, PT to $20 - Cowen
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst Anthony Rizzuto reiterated an Outperform rating and raised his price target on Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) to $20.00 (from $15.00) as the stock has regained its status as the go-to copper investment vehicle after the impressive actions taken by management to right-size the balance sheet, in their view.
"FCX shares could re-rate higher as the implied copper price in shares is well below current spot prices," he said.
Rizzuto notes FCX maintains significant leverage to improving copper prices, in spite of recent copper asset divestitures. "Every 10¢/lb move in copper prices results in an estimated $410MM change in 2017 EBITDA," he notes. "Copper prices have been volatile in recent weeks, but appear to have settled close to $2.50/lb from under $2.10 just a few weeks ago."
Shares of Freeport-McMoRan closed at $13.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Commodities
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!