Fossil (FOSL) PT, Estimates Cut at Mizuho Following More Weak Results
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst Betty Chen cut estimates and lowered her price target on Fossil (NASDAQ: FOSL) to $25.00 (from $29.00) following weak results and outlook. The firm maintained a Neutral rating.
Chen commented, "We are lowering our estimates and PT to $25 (from $29) on a lower guidance range given weak traditional watch demand and softness in jewelry/leather goods. While we acknowledge FOSL's success in integrating Misfit and launching 100+ wearable SKUs across 8 brands, the growing wearable business may be laden with risk from production/supply chain, user adoption, and lower gross margin. We also question the timing of profit improvement initiatives that require heavy, upfront cash charges. With uncertainty related to wearables, FOSL may continue to trade at a discounted ~12x multiple."
The firm's Our 4Q EPS estimate declines to $1.30 from $1.40 reflecting 0% global retail comps and EBIT margin of 8.5%, relative to guidance for $1.07-1.57. They are also cutting FY16 and FY17 EPS estimates to $1.90 and $2.05 from $2.00 and $2.40, respectively.
Shares of Fossil closed at $24.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!