Fortinet (FTNT): Shortfall Macro, Not Company Specific - Oppenheimer
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Shaul Eyal, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) despite the company pre-announcing disappointing 3Q16 results ($313.5M at the midpoint vs. consensus $322M). FTNT was impacted by macroeconomic issues in Latin America and the UK, and execution challenges relating primarily to the ongoing sales force realignment in North America (43% of revenue). The final two weeks of the quarter accounted for a large portion of the shortfall due to the lengthening of big-ticket purchases—particularly within North American enterprises and Telecoms.
The analyst stated "we believe the shortfall is more company specific though the "macro" point could be reflective of an ongoing shift to a subscription model rather than a product driven one. Given a rapidly consolidating security market environment, Elliott's small passive stake (~1.6%) could potentially become more relevant".
No change to the PT of $40.
Shares of Fortinet closed at $34.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!