Fortinet (FTNT): Dont Throw In The Towel - Wells Fargo
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Gray Powell, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) but cut his valuation range to $36 - $38 from $43 - $44 after preannouncing earnings below consensus. FTNT missed street billings estimates by 8%, revenue by 3%, and EPS by 14%.
FTNT did not provide an update for its Q4 outlook but the analyst thinks prior 2016 operating margin targets now appear too aggressive and is cutting estimates for 2016 and 2017. 2016 / 2017 EPS go to $0.59 / $0.79 vs $0.70 / $0.86.
The analyst is not throwing in the towel though and stated "While we were disappointed in the announcement, we continue to think that FTNT's growth outlook relative to its valuation is compelling".
Shares of Fortinet closed at $34.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!