Fortinet (FTNT): Dont Throw In The Towel - Wells Fargo
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Gray Powell, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) but cut his valuation range to $36 - $38 from $43 - $44 after preannouncing earnings below consensus. FTNT missed street billings estimates by 8%, revenue by 3%, and EPS by 14%.
FTNT did not provide an update for its Q4 outlook but the analyst thinks prior 2016 operating margin targets now appear too aggressive and is cutting estimates for 2016 and 2017. 2016 / 2017 EPS go to $0.59 / $0.79 vs $0.70 / $0.86.
The analyst is not throwing in the towel though and stated "While we were disappointed in the announcement, we continue to think that FTNT's growth outlook relative to its valuation is compelling".
Shares of Fortinet closed at $34.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!