Ford Motor (F): No Pain No Gain - UBS
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Colin Langan, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Ford (NYSE: F) after the stock traded down 2% following its investor day after the company announced it is taking a forward-looking approach (focusing on electrification, autonomous, mobility, and data analytics), at the expense of near-term profits as it absorbs these costs.
Based on its presentation slides, Ford is still targeting pre-tax profit of about $10.2bn in 2016 ($11.5 Core, -$1.3 EV/Emerging), $9.3bn in 2017 ($11.7 Core, -$2.4 EV/Emerging), and $10.8bn in 2018 ($13.1 Core, -$2.3 EV/Emerging). The analyst believes that the near-term outlook may be disappointing but Ford is making needed investments to be competitive.
No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Ford closed at $12.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. auto sales in October expected to drop 7 percent: J.D. Power-LMC
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!