Ford Motor (F): No Pain No Gain - UBS
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, Colin Langan, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Ford (NYSE: F) after the stock traded down 2% following its investor day after the company announced it is taking a forward-looking approach (focusing on electrification, autonomous, mobility, and data analytics), at the expense of near-term profits as it absorbs these costs.
Based on its presentation slides, Ford is still targeting pre-tax profit of about $10.2bn in 2016 ($11.5 Core, -$1.3 EV/Emerging), $9.3bn in 2017 ($11.7 Core, -$2.4 EV/Emerging), and $10.8bn in 2018 ($13.1 Core, -$2.3 EV/Emerging). The analyst believes that the near-term outlook may be disappointing but Ford is making needed investments to be competitive.
No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Ford closed at $12.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) at Hold
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!