Five Below (FIVE) to Benefit from Pokemon Go Craze - UBS
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Discount Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) is solidly higher Friday (+3.9%) with the broader market and amid positive commented from UBS analyst Michael Lasser. The analyst reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on FIVE to $55 from $48, saying the Pokémon trend shows there is always opportunity lurking for FIVE.
Lasser thinks the market still under appreciates how effective FIVE is at having differentiated and trend-right merchandise at compelling values. He said it not about any one particular fad like Silly Bandz, Duct Tape, or Rainbow Looms, as the are always coming and going. He said the Pokémon Go craze is a good example.
"We recently spoke with 25 FIVE locations from various regions to assess the retailer's offerings and demand for these products. Across the sample, 19 stores noted they carry Pokémon cards," Lasser notes. "Importantly, 6 of them were completely sold out of cards, illustrating demand is outpacing supply. In addition to cards, some locations carry other Pokémon products, such as an activity book & a Pokédex toy. Keep in mind Pokémon Go only launched in the U.S. on July 6. Our checks suggest FIVE stores will soon start receiving a broader array of Pokémon products within the month, showing how quickly it can respond to these trends when they materialize. Further, it's used Pokémon branding in its ads to support its traffic. These factors should deliver some near-term momentum."
As results, UBS is raising SSS estimates for 2Q to 4.0%, which is ahead of the 3.4% consensus.
Shares of Five Below closed at $48.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $65 at Evercore ISI
- CytoSorbents (CTSO) PT Raised to $10 at Maxim Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!