Fitbit (FIT): Lower Demand And Higher Spending Crushed Guidance - Leerink
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, David Larsen, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) and cut his price target to $9 from $16. After FIT reported mostly inline 3Q16 results but lowered the outlook for 4Q16 and beyond. Management cited softness in overall demand from its device portfolio, a pull forward of Charge 2 Sales and manufacturing supply constraints as reasons for the 4Q revenue guide 25% below expectations.
Gross margins expected be down 200bps q/q and S&M spend is spiking for the holidays so FY16 EPS guide was cut 52%. The analyst cut his FY17 estimate from $1.25 to $0.74 on just an 8% revenue growth down from 15%, and lower margins.
Shares of Fitbit closed at $12.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!