First NBC Bank Holding (FNBC): Auditor Stepping Down Could Force A Sale - FBR
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
First NBC Bank Holding (NASDAQ: FNBC)
FBR Capital analyst, Christopher Nolan, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of First NBC Bank (NASDAQ: FNBC) despite the company issuing an 8-K filing on Friday September 2, 2016, announcing that Ernst & Young will decline to stand for reappointment as the company's independent auditor.
The analyst notes that FNBC and Ernst & Young had a complicated relationship due to the delay in filing the 2015 10-K until August 25, 2015, resulting in a significant write-down in tangible book value. This development is likely to help keep the valuation multiples at a discount to peer averages.
However, the analyst also believes that this event increases the likelihood that FNBC could sell itself given the company's attractive deposit franchise.
Shares of First NBC Bank closed at $12.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- RBC says 'Trump-onomics' has Reset Industrial Expansion Clock - (HDS) (WCC) (GWW) (MMM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!