FireEye (FEYE): Disappointing 2Q16 Results But A Takeout Candidate - Oppenheimer
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Shaul Eyal, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of FireEye, Inc (NASDAQ: FEYE) after FEYE reported disappointing 2Q16 results. The company came short of consensus revenues impacted by a changing threat environment and sales execution issues—but beat the Street's EPS as the company remains focused on its path to profitability (which the company reiterated would occur in 4Q17).
Guidance was reduced to reflect the shorter duration of security consulting services and lower sales team productivity due to restructuring. The quarter saw strength in large deals (40 transactions over $1 million vs. 30 in 2Q15) driven by multiproduct attach rates and strength of the Endpoint platform (HX).
The analyst believes FEYE has embarked on a restructuring plan aimed at lowering 9% of its headcount (~300-400 employees) which is included in its updated guidance and believes that FEYE is a takeout candidate. He went on to state "Despite a weak quarter, we continue to see potential for FEYE's cloud-based MVX engine (expected to finish polishing by late August) while keeping in mind the recent consolidation activity in the security industry for cloudbased solutions (Blue Coat, CloudLock, Ping Identity)".
The price target of $33 is cut from $35 reflecting 5.4x EV/FY18 revenue.
Shares of FireEye, Inc closed at $16.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- BTIG Downgrades Essent Group (ESNT) to Neutral
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Matador Resources (MTDR) Following Announced Offerings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!