FireEye (FEYE): Disappointing 2Q16 Results But A Takeout Candidate - Oppenheimer
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Shaul Eyal, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of FireEye, Inc (NASDAQ: FEYE) after FEYE reported disappointing 2Q16 results. The company came short of consensus revenues impacted by a changing threat environment and sales execution issues—but beat the Street's EPS as the company remains focused on its path to profitability (which the company reiterated would occur in 4Q17).
Guidance was reduced to reflect the shorter duration of security consulting services and lower sales team productivity due to restructuring. The quarter saw strength in large deals (40 transactions over $1 million vs. 30 in 2Q15) driven by multiproduct attach rates and strength of the Endpoint platform (HX).
The analyst believes FEYE has embarked on a restructuring plan aimed at lowering 9% of its headcount (~300-400 employees) which is included in its updated guidance and believes that FEYE is a takeout candidate. He went on to state "Despite a weak quarter, we continue to see potential for FEYE's cloud-based MVX engine (expected to finish polishing by late August) while keeping in mind the recent consolidation activity in the security industry for cloudbased solutions (Blue Coat, CloudLock, Ping Identity)".
The price target of $33 is cut from $35 reflecting 5.4x EV/FY18 revenue.
Shares of FireEye, Inc closed at $16.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Symantec (SYMC) to $27; Reiterates Hold
- UBS Boosts PT On NRG Energy (NRG) Citing Evidence Of "A Bit Of A Turn Around"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!