Ferrari (RACE): Notes from Management Meetings; Raising PT - UBS
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Binetti, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Ferrari (NYSE: RACE) after a strong 2Q & management meetings. RACE significantly beat 2Q estimates, with €217m in adj EBITDA (Street:€194m), €811m in revs (Street: €754m), & car units +7.5% YOY.
The analyst held meetings with RACE last week which boosted his confidence in upside to Consensus '16 & '17 estimates. The analyst stated "We're raising our '16E adj EBITDA to €825m (+10.2% YOY) from €805m prev. Importantly, we believe there is very credible upside case where RACE can achieve its long-term target from the IPO (€1B in adj EBITDA, 9k units/yr) a year ahead of its 2019 plan—which we believe will be a catalyst for positive revisions to Street ests and create a favorable backdrop for the stock".
RACE's recent comments on price increases are underappreciated as profit upside drivers going forward. RACE has successfully tested like-for-like price increases of 3-5%, vs 1-2% increases in recent yrs. In our view, increasing pricing power could be a significant source of upside to RACE's EBITDA trajectory (vs the IPO EPS algorithm that was built based on 1-2% pricing power). On our math, a +1% increase in Cars & Spare Parts revenues from pricing translates to +260bp lift to EBITDA growth, compared to a +70bp lift to EBITDA growth from +1% of volume growth.
The new price target of $53 is up from $50.
Shares of Ferrari closed at $46.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Raising Prices, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!