Farkas' Departure a Positive for Sarepta (SRPT) Eteplirsen Approval - Oppenheimer
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices under pressure as Iraq resists joining output cut
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer's Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) analyst Michelle Gilson said their checks suggest that Ronald Farkas, MD, PhD, has indeed left the FDA; additionally, he is no longer listed in the HHS employee directory.
They view this as a positive signal for eteplirsen approval, recalling Dr. Farkas was the team leader who led the review of eteplirsen, and was largely regarded as an antagonistic figure at eteplirsen's advisory committee in May.
Gilson notes the DMD community and experts were particularly inflamed by comments regarding patient effort in the trial and the review's treatment of the data set as if it were not from a rare disease setting.
Contrarily, they would have viewed a promotion for Farkas or departure of a more supportive figure (i.e., Woodcock) as a negative signal for eteplirsen approval.
The firm reiterated an Outperform rating and price target of $60 on SRPT.
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $25.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- AT&T (T) volatility up into buyout of Time Warner (TWX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!