Facebook (FB): Missing Key Component - Mizuho
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Neil Doshi, reiterated his Buy rating on Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) noting that it's been nine years since the company attempted a marketplace feature in 2007 that didn't take off. However, the company now has 450m users visiting "buy and sell" groups each month that it can leverage for its enhanced peer-to-peer marketplace making adoption more likely.
Facebook's marketplace leverages a wealth of detailed user profiles which should provide a better sense of security among sellers and buyers in the community versus anonymous exchange services such as Craigslist. However, the new service does not (yet) include a review feature that typically encourages participants to be more accountable with their transaction activities. The analyst thinks that a seller review system is critical for the success of a marketplace.
Regarding competitive share shift, the analyst stated "We see Facebook Marketplace taking share from Craigslist, but we also believe many people will want to remain anonymous and not open their social network to strangers. Furthermore, the feature does not handle integrated payment services and therefore will likely have a marginal impact on eBay's marketplace business. We do not believe this will have any impact on Amazon's 3P business".
No change to the price target of $150.
Shares of Facebook closed at $128.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook (FB) November weekly 140 calls active into Q3 and outlook
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!