Facebook (FB): Killer App Remains Elusive - Macquarie
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Macquarie analyst, Ben Schachter reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) after attending the Oculus Connect developer conference. The analyst believes that the technology showed incremental steps forward, but nothing jumped out as a big leap ahead.
Oculus and VR is taking steps forward to be more immersive and user-friendly while bringing down the cost-to-own. The technology was interesting but mostly incremental. Oculus Touch controllers will launch December 6 at a price of $199 which brings head-tracking to the Rift. First-person shooter games will launch alongside the Touch controllers and while impressive, almost all the demos were games. The use cases for VR in enterprise, healthcare and others is broadening out from games more slowly than expected.
No change to the price target of $155.
Shares of Facebook closed at $128.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with call price movement; FLR FB
- AT&T touts Time Warner merger at U.S. Senate hearing
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!