Facebook (FB): Instagram On a Collision Course With Snapchat - SunTrust
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst, Bob Peck, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) noting that last week, Instagram rolled out its "Stories" feature, which is its entrance into ephemeral (i.e. disappearing) content. The experience is very similar to Snapchat, where users string together pictures and videos into one “story” that disappears in 24 hrs. Ironically, Snapchat recently expanded from ephemeral content to permanent content with “Memories” – it is quite obvious these two platforms remain on a collision course, which will be important for Facebook investors to monitor. These are the top 10 reasons Facebook is launching stories:
1. Grow beyond Facebook & Instagram’s “perfect moments” posts
2. Leverage Instagram’s discoverability and verified accounts
3. Enable users to create a “current identity” vs. “accumulation identify”
4. Make posting photos fun again (current fatigue)
5. Remove social pressure associated with likes or hearts
6. Increasing the creation of original content
7. Reaccelerate Instagram’s moderating US user growth
8. Increase time spent and engagement on Instagram
9. Expand experience, with minimal UI impact
10.Build functionality to become a social augmented reality platform (SARP)
No change to the price target of $142.00
Shares of Facebook closed at $125.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with call price movement; FLR FB
- Athene Holding (ATH) Prices 27M Share IPO Inline with Prior Expectations
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!