Facebook (FB): Instagram On a Collision Course With Snapchat - SunTrust
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst, Bob Peck, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) noting that last week, Instagram rolled out its "Stories" feature, which is its entrance into ephemeral (i.e. disappearing) content. The experience is very similar to Snapchat, where users string together pictures and videos into one “story” that disappears in 24 hrs. Ironically, Snapchat recently expanded from ephemeral content to permanent content with “Memories” – it is quite obvious these two platforms remain on a collision course, which will be important for Facebook investors to monitor. These are the top 10 reasons Facebook is launching stories:
1. Grow beyond Facebook & Instagram’s “perfect moments” posts
2. Leverage Instagram’s discoverability and verified accounts
3. Enable users to create a “current identity” vs. “accumulation identify”
4. Make posting photos fun again (current fatigue)
5. Remove social pressure associated with likes or hearts
6. Increasing the creation of original content
7. Reaccelerate Instagram’s moderating US user growth
8. Increase time spent and engagement on Instagram
9. Expand experience, with minimal UI impact
10.Build functionality to become a social augmented reality platform (SARP)
No change to the price target of $142.00
Shares of Facebook closed at $125.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Raymond James Upgrades Facebook (FB) to Strong Buy on Positive Checks, Attractive Risk/Reward
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts National-Oilwell Varco (NOV) at Hold
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Baker Hughes (BHI) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!