Facebook (FB): CFO Comments Creates Buying Opportunity - Evercore
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Evercore ISI analyst, Ken Sena, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) after Facebook reported a strong 3Q result with revenues and GAAP EBIT 1% and 12% ahead of Street consensus. However, CFO Wehner's remarks on upcoming comparison difficulty, meaningfully lower” anticipated ad load growth, and new commentary that 2017 will be a “significant investment year” sent shares down 7% after hours.
What the analyst thinks investors may have missed though is that the same “significant investment year” commentary was made in 4Q15 with respect to 2016, even if 2017’s commentary did come a quarter sooner and ahead of the annual Opex growth range typically provided in 4Q. The analyst views this dip as a buying opportunity.
No change to the price target of $165.
Shares of Facebook closed at $127.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!