FDA Approval of Heron Therapeutics' (HRTX) Sustol Removes Major Overhang - Analyst
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink affirms Heron Therapeutics (Nasdaq: HRTX) at Outperform with a price target of $33 following FDA approval of Sustol for treatment of chemo induced nausea and vomiting.
Analyst Jason Gerberry commented today:
We are still reviewing the package insert, but Sustol appears to have gotten a favorable label on balance and the approval removes a major overhang on the stock. In terms of key label claims, Sustol was approved for acute and delayed MEC (moderate chemo regimens) and acute/delayed AC regimens (anthracycline and cyclophosphamide), which are a subset of HEC (highly emetogenic) chemo regimens. While HRTX did not get a broad delayed HEC indication, the company believes an indication for delayed AC will allow it to reach most of the HEC market. A conference call will be held at 9:00 A.M. EDT and we expect the focus of the call to be on commercial strategy, launch plans and market sizing. We reiterate our OP rating and we are encouraged to see Sustol get differentiated label claims relative to Easai’s Aloxi.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biogen (BIIB) PT Raised to $309 at Baird on Additional Sola Details
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Univar (UNVR) to Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!