FDA Approval of Heron Therapeutics' (HRTX) Sustol Removes Major Overhang - Analyst
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink affirms Heron Therapeutics (Nasdaq: HRTX) at Outperform with a price target of $33 following FDA approval of Sustol for treatment of chemo induced nausea and vomiting.
Analyst Jason Gerberry commented today:
We are still reviewing the package insert, but Sustol appears to have gotten a favorable label on balance and the approval removes a major overhang on the stock. In terms of key label claims, Sustol was approved for acute and delayed MEC (moderate chemo regimens) and acute/delayed AC regimens (anthracycline and cyclophosphamide), which are a subset of HEC (highly emetogenic) chemo regimens. While HRTX did not get a broad delayed HEC indication, the company believes an indication for delayed AC will allow it to reach most of the HEC market. A conference call will be held at 9:00 A.M. EDT and we expect the focus of the call to be on commercial strategy, launch plans and market sizing. We reiterate our OP rating and we are encouraged to see Sustol get differentiated label claims relative to Easai’s Aloxi.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- BMO Capital Remains Cautious on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Despite Decline; PT Lowered to $56
- BTIG Starts Fulgent Genetics (FLGT) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!