FBR Reiterates Bullish View on Aurinia (AUPH) as Data Supports Strong Potential in Lupus Nephritis
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst Vernon Bernardino reiterated an Outperform rating and $9 price target on Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AUPH) after the company announced positive updated results from its AURION open-label exploratory clinical study with twice-daily (BID) 23.7mg of voclosporin (VCS) in combination with mycophenolate mofetil and corticosteroid therapy in active lupus nephritis (LN) patients.
Bernardino commented, "Recall that the study's primary objective was to examine biomarkers of LN at eight weeks and their ability to predict response at weeks 24 and 48. Although results are from small numbers, we think the data are compelling for concluding VCS has significant potential as a treatment for LN. Recall that in June 2016, 57% (4 of 7 patients who completed 24 weeks of VCS) achieved a complete remission (CR) as measured by a urinary protein creatinine ratio (UPCR) of ≤0.5mg/mg, eGFR within 20% of baseline and concomitant steroid use of <5mg/day. The updated results show 70% (7/10) of patients achieved CR. Importantly, of the 10 patients that achieved reduced UPCR ≥25% at eight weeks, 80% were responders (≥50% reduction in UPCR vs. baseline) and 70% were in CR at 24 weeks. Biomarkers of inflammation such as C4, C4 and antidsDNA al continued to normalize over 24 weeks, and thus, appear predictive of long-term response to VCS. We reiterate our Outperform rating."
Shares of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals closed at $4.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Arista Networks (ANET) Following U.S. Customs and Border Protection Approval
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!