FBR Positive on Stratasys (SSYS) Amid Airbus, HP (HPQ) News; Reaffirms 'Outperform' Rating
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR & Co. affirms Stratasys (Nasdaq: SSYS) with an Outperform rating and $29 price target after announcing that Airbus standardized its Stratasys additive material solution.
The firm commented today:
From a higher level, this announcement makes it apparent that industrial manufacturers are inching closer to fuller incorporation of additive techniques, which would represent a significant catalyst not just for Stratasys but for the industry as a whole. Yet the announcement from Stratasys, in our view, shows that they are at the leading edge of this trend and should benefit meaningfully.
FBR also noted positive 3-D printer sentiment from HP's (NYSE: HPQ) investment conference on Thursday:
Yesterday, printing leader HP held an analyst day in NYC, and discussed at length its outlook for the 3D printing industry. The company noted that they expect the addressable market to grow at a ~30% CAGR to $18 billion by 2021, and there could be upside to that number depending on how rapidly additive material cost declines relative to traditional subtractive material cost. We estimate that today, certain additive materials could cost ~5x subtractive materials.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $210 at Mizuho
- BMO Capital Downgrades DAVIDsTEA (DTEA) to Market Perform
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!