FBR Capital Upgrades Regions Financial (RF) to Outperform on Trump Presidency
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FBR Capital upgraded Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $15.00 (from $10.50) on Trump victory.
Analyst Paul Miller commented, "We believe President-elect Donald Trump's political agenda—which includes deregulation, lower taxes, increased spending, and a bias for higher interest rates—paves the road to the most favorable macroeconomic environment for financials since before the financial crisis. Pertaining to banks, stronger revenues, lower expenses, and a greater ability to deploy excess capital offer a clear road map to stronger ROEs for the banks, which has us more positive on valuations. While higher rates should be a positive for all banks, we highlight the following asset-sensitive banks as having the strongest benefit: BAC, CMA, IBKC, JPM, KEY, PACW, PFBC, RF, STBZ, and ZION"
Shares of Regions Financial closed at $12.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Susquehanna Downgrades Regions Financial (RF) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!