FBR Capital Upgrades Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital upgraded Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALXN) from Underperform to Market Perform with a price target of $130.00.
Analyst Christopher James commented, "Yesterday, Alexion reported its financial results for 3Q16. Total revenues came in at $799 million, well above our and the consensus estimates of $743 million and $787 million, respectively. Quarter-over-quarter Soliris sales grew from $701 million to $729 million. In terms of pipeline advancements, we received updates on all clinical programs; however, we focus on the following key takeaways: (1) ALXN1210 is advancing with the initiation of two registrational Phase III trials in PNH and aHUS in 4Q16 with eight-week dosing intervals and a recent initiation of dosing with the SQ formulation of ALXN1210 in a Phase I trial with healthy volunteers; (2) ALXN plans to file eculizumab in the U.S. and EU for refractory MG (rMG) in 1Q17, based on regulatory feedback; and (3) we expect Strensiq to be the primary growth driver of the metabolic franchise over the next few years."
Shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals closed at $131.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) to Overweight
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades Parker-Hannifin (PH) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!