FBR Capital Upgrades Akamai Technologies (AKAM) to Market Perform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FBR Capital upgraded Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ: AKAM) from Underperform to Market Perform with a price target of $55.00.
Analyst David Dixon commented, "A surprising surge in the Performance and Securities Solutions segment more than offset an expected moderating decline in the Media Delivery Solutions business after tough comparables. Revenue contribution from the six largest customers slowed to approximately 10.0% of total, compared to 10.7% in 2Q. While management continued to believe that no customers aside from the top six have the scale to take CDN in-house (or via other platforms), it acknowledged expectation for further revenue loss in this segment. Management confidence of a reacceleration in revenues in 2017 is encouraging, driven by continued momentum in the Performance and Cloud securities businesses, which have been growing at a consistent double-digit pace. Although the impact from the large DIY customers should wane as their revenue contribution declines over time, we continue to see risk to high-margin CDN and Performance and Security revenues due to a network topology shift toward distributed computing that is under way, which could complicate AKAM's successful transition to a securities company. However, this trend is not playing out as quickly as expected. We raise our rating to Market Perform and our price target to $55."
Shares of Akamai Technologies closed at $59.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!