FBR Capital Upgrades Akamai Technologies (AKAM) to Market Perform
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FBR Capital upgraded Akamai Technologies (NASDAQ: AKAM) from Underperform to Market Perform with a price target of $55.00.
Analyst David Dixon commented, "A surprising surge in the Performance and Securities Solutions segment more than offset an expected moderating decline in the Media Delivery Solutions business after tough comparables. Revenue contribution from the six largest customers slowed to approximately 10.0% of total, compared to 10.7% in 2Q. While management continued to believe that no customers aside from the top six have the scale to take CDN in-house (or via other platforms), it acknowledged expectation for further revenue loss in this segment. Management confidence of a reacceleration in revenues in 2017 is encouraging, driven by continued momentum in the Performance and Cloud securities businesses, which have been growing at a consistent double-digit pace. Although the impact from the large DIY customers should wane as their revenue contribution declines over time, we continue to see risk to high-margin CDN and Performance and Security revenues due to a network topology shift toward distributed computing that is under way, which could complicate AKAM's successful transition to a securities company. However, this trend is not playing out as quickly as expected. We raise our rating to Market Perform and our price target to $55."
Shares of Akamai Technologies closed at $59.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades TransUnion (TRU) to Overweight, Named As Top Pick
- Baird Remains Bullish on Regency Centers (REG) Following Updated Guidance
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to $66; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!