FBR Capital Upgrades Access National Corp. (ANCX) to Outperform Following Middleburg Financial Deal
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital upgraded Access National Corp. (NASDAQ: ANCX) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $29.00 (from $26.00) Christopher Nolan following the announced acquisition of Middleburg Financial (NASDAQ: MBRG).
Analyst commented, "We are upgrading our rating to Outperform from Market Perform and raising our price target to $29 from $26. We are also raising our 2017E EPS and introducing our 2018E EPS. These actions follow ANCX’s announced acquisition of Middleburg Financial Corp. (MBRG), which we think makes both strategic and financial sense. ANCX’s lower-middle-market commercial loan focus and MBRG’s focus on private wealth create a combined entity that can better serve clients' financial life cycle from building capital to preserving and managing it. Thus, we think the deal offers revenue upside that is not being factored into our EPS estimates. As a result, we think ANCX is positioned to improve on its strong profitability metrics (3Q16: 14.9% ROAE and 1.34% ROAA) in 2017. We believe that our $29 price target is achievable applying our 3Q17 TBV estimate to ANCX's recent price/TBV multiple."
Shares of Access National Corp. closed at $24.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!