FBR Capital Starts Sutherland Asset Management (SLD) at Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital initiates coverage on Sutherland Asset Management (NYSE: SLD) with a Market Perform rating and a price target of $14.00.
Analyst Jessica Levi-Ribner commented, "Having recently gained access to the public market, Sutherland Asset Management (SLD) is well positioned to take advantage of the strong opportunity set in the growing small-balance commercial (SBC) loan market. With just 0.23% share in a market where the 15 largest lenders only account for 22% of market share in total, Sutherland, in our view, stands to realize meaningful earnings growth should it be able to increase originations by only a few basis points. In addition, we believe that with book value stability, dividend growth, and a 24.7% economic return since 4Q13, SLD is a pretty compelling bull story. However, concerns regarding the company's ability to meaningfully increase originations after a slower ramp than originally expected and the long-term profitability outlook of its loans, given falling yields and whether Sutherland has access to sufficient liquidity, put us on the sidelines for now. As such, we are initiating coverage of Sutherland with a Market Perform rating and a $14 price target, which is a 15% discount to book value and takes execution risk into account. Should the company demonstrate that it is able to profitably increase originations, we could quickly become more constructive on the shares."
Shares of Sutherland Asset Management closed at $12.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- Western Digital (WDC): Analyst Day Preview - Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!