FBR Capital Starts SLM Corp. (SLM) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital initiates coverage on SLM Corp. (NASDAQ: SLM) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $13.00 and adds the stock to the FBR Alpha Generator list and removing HomeStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: HMST).
Analyst Paul Miller commented, "SLM, also known as Sallie Mae, is the leading provider of private student loans with ~54% of total market share. Given SLM's dominant market position, the macroeconomic tailwinds supporting portfolio growth, the largely de-risked business model following the Navient spin-off and Trump victory/Republican sweep, and the strong operating leverage the company is able to achieve, we believe SLM should trade at a premium to other, more diversified private student lenders and more in line with high-growth, highly profitable banks. We view SLM as attractively valued, currently trading at 14.4x our FY17E core EPS. Our $13 price target assumes an 18.6x multiple on our FY17E core EPS of $0.70."
Shares of SLM Corp. closed at $10.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesFBR Alpha Generator
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!