FBR Capital Starts Arch Coal (ARCH) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital initiates coverage on Arch Coal (NYSE: ARCH) (not trading, emerging from bk) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $71.00.
Analyst Lucas Pipes commented, "We are initiating coverage on Arch Coal with an Outperform rating and a price target of $71 per share. Arch Coal's new equity is emerging from a balance sheet restructuring that has left its low-cost operating assets unchanged: high-quality met coal production in the East and PRB thermal coal exposure in the West. In the course of the restructuring, the company right sized its balance sheet, eliminated uneconomical off-take agreements, and lowered production costs even further. While we always considered Arch a strong operator, we believe the company is now positioned to prosper in almost any coal price environment. Near term, we see the company's met coal exposure as its greatest catalyst. With 7.0 MT to 7.5 MT of met coal sales anticipated in 2017, Arch Coal, we believe, is now among the largest domestic met coal producers, ready to take advantage of the higher price environment. We do believe that the domestic thermal coal market is also turning the corner from a very challenging 1H16, potentially leading to higher sales and prices in Arch's large PRB platform. We would take advantage of Arch's unique position and accumulate aggressively into the $60s per share."
Shares of Arch Coal closed at $ yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!